New and notes from around the interweb:
- Behind the scenes of airlines thinking about launching a new elite level from the former head of a oneworld airline frequent flyer program.
- El Al has requested San Francisco police help to prevent a terrorist attach
El Al Israel Airlines has requested that San Francisco police patrol its SFO ticket counter, boarding process and even watch its planes take off for every flight destined to Tel Aviv to prevent a terrorist attack, according to a source.
A San Francisco International Airport spokesperson confirmed Monday that the Israeli airline has requested that officers patrol its ticket counter twice a week. Each time the process takes about three to four hours, the spokesperson said.
- IHG Rewards Club is surveying the possibility of real elite benefits
- DFW Airport is testing robot baggage handlers
- 17 things not to say to flight attendants some of them are quite reasonable and yet..
- It looks like American’s social media team didn’t get the memo about seat back video unless it’s a way of hinting they’re bringing back the feature to their domestic standard product.