News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta announced a disappointing new seat for its Boeing 767-400s in April, failing to live up to CEO Ed Bastian’s promise to use the Delta One Suite with doors. The first plane has been refurbished here are photos.
- Academics who fly more earn more though flying doesn’t correlate with scholarly productivity. Environmental scholars do not fly less, even for purely discretionary trips.
- JFK airport supervisor took bribes to allow foreign governments to overnight their planes
- Good plan.
- Woman deported back to the UK when US immigration found two year old texts mentioning cocaine on her phone. She reports she has several friends in recovery.
- Virgin Atlantic’s new Los Angeles – Manchester flight is part of ‘huge growth plan’
- Parked Boeing 737 MAXs.