News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta-controlled Virgin Atlantic is demanding subsidies from Antigua and Barbuda. Remember, Delta’s position is subsidies for me but not for thee.
- Aman New York City (WSJ)
- United’s China strategy they want an anti-trust immunized revenue sharing joint venture with Air China, but the US and China would need an Open Skies treaty first. And freer trade with China isn’t a thing right now.
- Another cut by Star Alliance airline SAS that they’re blaming on the environment ‘the environment’ is the shibboleth companies use to get a pass from consumers over cost-cutting.
- Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay Fined $1.6 million for keeping the public off the public beach
- Man mowing veterans’ lawns in 50 stays got a boost from Delta
I would like to announce that @Delta Airlines has reached out & they said they would like to cover my entire trip to my last two states, Alaska and Hawaii so I can finish off my 50 state Thank You For Your Service for our veterans. Thank you @Delta !
— Rodney Smith Jr (@iamrodneysmith) June 9, 2019
- A very happy birthday on board Southwest Airlines.
— Samantha Godwin (@WaldronSamantha) June 13, 2019