News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virgin Atlantic flight attendants want you to pay for them to sue the airline for higher wages
- Qantas plans to retire their Boeing 747s by 2020 and their Airbus A380s by 2030
- How I Built This: Dave Neeleman
- Can air miles points be securitised? (HT: Bryan) US airlines secured points-backed loans from their co-brand credit card partners a decade ago, generally in the $500m – $1b range. So that’s not entirely new. In terms of tradeable securities though that’s a bit harder as long as airlines claim no one actually owns the points, and they can be devalued at will.
- Every time I check luggage.
You know it’s a bad day at the airport when this is all you get back….😞 pic.twitter.com/IznF1iph8p
— Glenn Farley (@GlennFarleyK5) June 10, 2019
- Amtrak’s new Acela trains: