I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Through July 5 Avianca LifeMiles is offering a 25% bonus on points transferred in from Citibank, Marriott, IHG and Hilton.
- Redeeming points for all-inclusive hotels
- Self-driving BMWs have completed more than 50,000 rides through Lyft in Las Vegas. Meanwhile Riverdale actress Lili Reinhart warns about getting into fake Ubers at the airport. Since you should be matching vehicle and license plate to what’s been assigned to you through the app, and the driver should know your name before you give it to them, this should be a pretty easy thing to avoid.
PSA: I was just ushered to a car by someone posing to be an airport cab/Uber driver. I got to his car and there were absolutely no signs that he was a professional service driver. So I did NOT get into the car.
Please pay attention and make smart decisions out there.
— Lili Reinhart (@lilireinhart) June 3, 2019
- American’s new headquarters project.. way over budget
American Airlines previously described the new headquarters as carrying a price tag of at $350 million. However, DFW Airport revealed to investors in November that the 300-acre campus would be a $1 billion investment.
- In Soviet Russia, ramp cone kicks you! It’s pretty awesome that he gets the cone up onto the wing. Score!
- Not safe for work. You’ll focus on the woman being kicked off the flight. I just see seat back video screens.