News and notes from around the interweb:
- The weirdest things you can buy in airports
- Lufthansa’s first class terminal is a separate building from where other passengers board planes. So in order to get you to the aircraft they drive you across the tarmac. Historically they’ve had Mercedes and Porsche vehicles. The Mercedes partnership is ending and they’ll be getting more Porsches – but for minivans used to transport larger groups to an aircraft they’re turning to Volkswagen. Not quite as high end, but still German.
- This idiotic story won’t die whispering “revenue management” to an airline employee doesn’t force them to give you an upgrade.
- Her Majesty the Queen of England will visit British Airways headquarters on May 23 for the airline’s centenary. (BA itself was created in 1974 by the British government to take over the nationalized British Overseas Airways Corporation and British European Airways.)
- NSFW rants about passengers
- The new Berlin airport – that was supposed to open 7 years ago – is still a disaster that maybe possibly could open next year.