News and notes from around the interweb:
- Detroit airport measles outbreak Come on people, haven’t you seen Penn & Teller on vaccines? (NSFW)
- Virgin Atlantic 787s will get a new business class seat — eventually — but it will not be the new seat they debuted last week.
Credit: God Save the Points
- Delta is being criticized for charging an injured boy thousands of dollars to fly home from Thailand. He delayed travel home due to swelling, and needed to elevate his leg for the trip so needed to upgrade to business class and that costs more. I’d have looked into medical evacuation coverage from the credit card used to purchase the tickets to determine whether coverage applied..
- British Airways gave upgrades to Las Vegas public officials, and buried dealings in shady invoices
- Emirates using Boeing 777s with their new first class on short haul Mideast routes. Dubai – Kuwait City is less than $1500 one way; worth seeing if connecting flights originating elsewhere to either Kuwait City or Riyadh are cheaper.
Emirates to deploy its latest @BoeingAirplanes 777-300ER aircraft featuring ‘Game Changer' First Class private suites to Riyadh starting from 16 April 2019 and Kuwait starting from 1 June 2019. https://t.co/HkzV8FhYFl #FlyEmiratesFlyBetter pic.twitter.com/FgtqdfnRqG
— Emirates Airline (@emirates) April 14, 2019
- Everything in this video is true.