I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Leadership lessons from Herb Kelleher
- Luxury Travel Concierge will give $50 off any booking at any hotel totaling over $1000. They share “you get all your status benefits and can …collect the usual points, but you can also get $50 back too.” Stay must be booked by the end of March with code VFTW1950.
- On Star Wars Day (‘May the Fourth’ Be With You) there will be a Star Wars party in the historic terminal lobby at Washington National airport. Perhaps we’ll see the Empire take over Denver airport again this year.
- Oman Air first and business class passengers can have a free overnight hotel stay at the Ritz-Carlton Muscat, including breakfast. So Oman isn’t just for connections. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- October 1 Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus is devaluing their award chart and premium cabin awards can cost nearly twice as much. In 2014 they announce a doubling of the price of awards, only to claw back that change.
- A New Jersey transit train station failed to open and they threw… Dunkin’ Donuts under the bus. (HT: Marginal Revolution)
Hi Steve, like previously stated, Dunkin Donuts is responsible for opening the doors in the morning at Hamilton station. NJT has spoken to the vendor multiple times. If you would like to file a formal complaint, use the link below. -TB https://t.co/XKn7GOjKzM
— NJ TRANSIT (@NJTRANSIT) March 21, 2019
- United Express plane didn’t slide off the runway — it missed it completely.
- Ichiro Suzuki flew Tokyo Narita to Seattle on Friday and ANA changed the flights departure from gate 58B to 51.