News and notes from around the interweb:
- The day before the fatal Lion Air 737 MAX crash in October the same aircraft reportedly had the same problems but a pilot riding in the jumpseat helped the crew navigate the issue.
- Turkish is denying this rumor:
Breaking: Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker announced the acquisition and a 49% stake in Turkish Airlines. Is this the beginning of privatization of Turkish government owned companies to raise much needed funds. @BeratAlbayrak any comments? pic.twitter.com/M08EkEKeLQ
— Harry Theocharous (@TheocharousH) March 20, 2019
- When a President says they have ‘full confidence’ in a member of their cabinet, it’s days before the cabinet official departs for ‘personal reasons’. The CEO of Etihad calls reports that they’re close to being acquired by Emirates ‘clownesque’.
- Etiquette for leaving a hotel room (‘RTs aren’t endorsements’)
- Trevor Noah on the FAA and Boeing 737 MAX. Funny – don’t get your facts about the investigation from Trevor Noah, though.
- Gordon Ramsey wants the Department of Transportation to grant American Airlines the right to fly Las Vegas – Tokyo Haneda.
Gordon Ramsay has written to the US government to formally support American Airlines' application for a Tokyo Haneda slot to launch service to Las Vegas.
Viva Las Haneda! pic.twitter.com/PYxzJEMRNo
— Will Horton (@winglets747) March 19, 2019