News and notes from around the interweb:
- UNESCO World Heritage sites — for sale. (HT: Marginal Revolution) Many are privately owned but subject to restriction.
— Larry Coben (@LarryCoben) February 18, 2019
- San Francisco airport is getting two automated coffee robots from two different companies. In Austin I order my coffee by app as I enter PreCheck and pick it up on my way to the gate or airline club.
Briggo Machine in the Austin airport
- JPM Coin isn’t actually a cryptocurrency
- How Dubai’s ruler established Emirates with 2 rented PIA planes
- New footage found of Amelia Earhart’s Lockheed Electra taking off from Lae in Papua New Guinea on July 1, 1937
- Does Emirates have the second best brand in the world, behind Apple? On some level I might have expected Singapore Airlines to have a better brand in commercial aviation but perhaps it isn’t as well known despite being older, they don’t put their name on everything. Then again the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks play in the United Center and it doesn’t seem to help them…