News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel loyalty programs have been giving themselves stupid names. This recommendation to rename IHG Rewards Club has me falling out of my chair bowled over in laughter. Maybe it’s just me but I’m dying here.
- Why thousands of foreign-owned aircrafts are registered to trusts in the US in one small Texas town. The terrorism risk story here is silly though.
- 12 things you may not know (I won’t use the piece’s headline word ‘shocking’) from an Emirates first class flight attendant.
- The Transportation Workers Union is collecting signatures on a petition to fire former Delta CEO Richard Anderson as Amtrak’s current CEO.
- Oddly Google decided to animate photos I took (with lights out in the cabin) of my dinner on American Airlines from New York JFK to Austin, Short Rib with Chili Mac and an Old Bay shrimp appetizer.
- Japan Airlines will open reservations 360 days out not great for AAdvantage and Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan members who can still only make bookings 331 days from departure.
- Is Mastercard’s new sonic brand a savvy play, or absurd?