News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air India is eliminating first class and it’s already been removed from about half their long haul fleet. They’ve only been selling 25% of the cabin for years.
- God Save the Points no longer thinks British Airways CEO Alex Cruz should be fired. Having just flown British Airways first class twice this past week where they didn’t have enough mixed nuts for every passenger, and they replaced phones in Concorde Room cabanas that no one answers with buttons you push so that no one will come, I am not sure I see the improvement in the airline that Gilbert sees… especially since business class in Europe still has the same distance as the new less legroom coach seats on American Airlines.
Concorde Room Cabana Where Reservations Are Still Managed With Paper
- You can now redeem your devalued OpenTable points for Kayak.com hotel discount codes. Both Kayak.com and OpenTable are owned by Priceline (Booking Holdings).
- Why women travel alone more often than men
- Hilton dishwasher wins $21.5 million jury award for having to work Sundays despite requesting a religious accommodation. The former Conrad Miami employee won’t see nearly that much even if the verdict survives Hilton’s appeal.
View from the Conrad Miami