News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta Airlines has a monthly garage sale and it’s awesome
- Brazil dropping visa requirements for US citizens
- Mastercard wants to protect you from automatic renewing payments after trial periods end but this is for physical products only.
- People get denied boarding over immigration paperwork even when their paperwork is in order
- Investigators puzzle over Iranian Boeing 707’s fatal short-runway overrun they still fly 707s in Iran, and that’s also where the last passenger 727 flight just took place this month. The last US airline to operate a Boeing 707 in passenger service was TWA — in 1983.
- Aeromexico: People who don’t like Mexicans get flight discounts to Mexico the more Mexican they are. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- The much-hyped new Qatar Airways brand video. At 45 seconds a family is walking in front of the Museum of Islamic Art, and at the end of the video they’re in QSuites business class, and that pretty much sums it up really unless you want to delve into geopolitics, religion, or natural gas.