News and notes from around the interweb:
- Redeeming Amtrak points for suites at Bluegreen Vacations timeshare properties
- Stayvancouver deal is back for hotels $125 Amex gift card for your first hotel night, $50 each additional night.
- Cathay Pacific has published ‘lounge etiquette’ guidelines
Cathay Pacific Lounge, Singapore
- On Monday the Atlanta airport told Delta passengers not to even bother.
So I’m at @ATLairport and this may be the longest security line I have ever seen. Even growing up here, and even for a Monday morning. One passenger told me he’d been waiting over an hour and still had about 30 minutes to go. pic.twitter.com/UL7EghujQI
— Omar Jimenez (@OmarJimenezCNN) January 14, 2019
- Marriott ‘choice benefit’ selection is live again if you had to make a selection by January 14, well you probably found that the IT didn’t work (shock) so the deadline has been extended to February 7 — which doesn’t seem super generous of Marriott, they really should be engaged in a significant campaign to reach out to affected members consider it’s their most valuable customers that were inconvenienced here.
- Free Papa John’s Pizza from new My Sprint Rewards program
- Even Leonardo DiCaprio isn’t immune from TSA document checkers (HT: Ryan Boyd)
- Since legacy US Airways narrowbodies have just one oven in the first class galley, and their new 737 MAXs come without ovens in the back galleys (no ability to heat food for coach, despite flying as far as Brazil), sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands.
View this post on Instagram
Heating up leftover pizza with an airplane reading light? Genius!! 🍕✈️💡 #pleasebesingleandDMme 😘🙏🏼😂 • • • #passengershaming #pizza #travelhacks #instagramaviation #airplaneetiquette #frequentflyer #crewlife #sassystew #aviation #cabincrew #avgeek #cabincrewlife #flightattendant #flightattendantlife #stewardess #flightattendantproblems #travel #flightattendants #instapassport #aviationgeek #FAlife #airtravel #travelgram #traveltips #pilot #pilotlife #travelling #frequentflier