News and notes from around the interweb:
- Looks like all your can jet private flight app company JetSmarter is imploding. In the beginning they offered amazing deals (and burned tremendous cash). I only ever used them when they gave free trial memberships to customers with elite status and big mileage balances.
- The LAX Tom Bradley Terminal finally has PreCheck
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, on flying coach:
When speaking to the Royal Aircraft Association back in 2002, Prince Philip commented on the British royal family’s air travel conditions.
“If you travel as much as we do, you appreciate the improvements in aircraft design of less noise and more comfort,” he said, “provided you don’t travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly.”
- Pan Am 103: Robert Mueller’s 30 year search for justice bet you didn’t know the aviation connection?
- 50% off TAP Air Portugal redemptions transatlantic business class for 50,000 miles roundtrip. That’s 60,000 Marriott points each way.
- Will we still get points to ‘make a green choice’ housekeeping costs are reduced by robots?
- The logic behind the location of Easter Island statues
- Get past the flight attendant in the beginning, this American Airlines pilot can move.