News and notes from around the interweb:
- 8 people die every day on Mumbai’s commuter rail network (WSJ)
Gandhi’s home in Mumbai
- Presidential committee will recommend how to restructure oneworld carrier SriLankan Airlines
- 30% off Voila Hotel Rewards redemptions through March
- American and Expedia settle trademark lawsuit American had claimed Expedia’s Add-On Advantage offering could be confused with their AAdvantage program. This has it backwards. AAdvantage is meant to be confused with advantage that’s why it’s aadvantage with an A in front of it. That shouldn’t give them ownership over the common word ‘advantage’.
- Amtrak moves forward with phase one of selecting a contractor to renovate DC’s Union Station passenger concourse
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City owner is suing Hyatt saying they needed his permission to allow employees to unionize and that though agreement was provided to allow a Hyatt House to open next door the new property is full service, not limited service.
- Kevin Spacey pulled over for speeding outside of DC’s National airport
- In addition to 10 points per dollar spent Hyatt is offering points for Exhale on Demand classes — 500 points per month (up to 1500 total) for $19/month subscription or 5000 points for a $199/yr subscription — through March 24. You need to connect Hyatt and Exhale accounts first in order to earn.