News and notes from around the interweb:
- Last month an American Airlines Executive Vice President flew United and complained about lack of predeparture beverages and no seat back video with no sense of irony whatsoever.
Now she flew Delta Phoenix to Salt Lake City because it was cheaper than Southwest. She noted that customers volunteering to gate check their bags got a better boarding position. It’s the next day and not a single criticism of the flight this time.
- Cleveland airport’s assistant director was suspended without pay after letting an aide to the Mayor skip security checks (HT: an anonymous reader)
- Google Pay 2.8 includes alerts to use rewards cards and loyalty programs
- TSA releases holiday dog photos which means the agency is finally adding value.
- Japan Airlines flight attendant blames mouthwash for failing pre-flight breathalyzer that’s what I told my parents when I was a teenager, too.
- Behind the scenes at United’s Houston operations center
- Mideast Uber rival Careem is launching a joint venture with Dubai’s government to manage ride hailing for taxis.
- Six inch African millipede found in passenger’s luggage entering the country in Atlanta