News and notes from around the interweb:
- The sad reality of much premium cabin travel
- A Washington National airport gingerbread house.
- American Express opening lounge in Mumbai
- Hyatt had been rumored to be in the market to acquire Belmond hotels (formerly Orient Express) but luxury megabrand holding company LVMH is doing the deal. At $2.6 billion they may be overpaying. (HT: @HH_Cash)
- Aer Lingus will start offering business class seats on some intra-European routes for aircraft utilization reasons. Normally the airline is all-coach outside the transatlantic market.
- The ACLU sued after passengers were required to show ID in order to delane a Delta flight a year ago. The government said the procedure was routine. The government wanted to dismiss the suit though, arguing that there’s little likelihood the situation will be repeated. The court ruled that’s a silly claim when the government says it’s routine.
- I’m shocked, shocked to find corruption in Chicago O’Hare airport contracting