News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hotel guests tend to focus on positive reviews and discount negative ones. Customers need to be more meta-rational if they’re going to sift through opinions offered by others and glean information that’s actionable in a way that actually makes their travels better. But since it’s the planning we enjoy more than the trip perhaps consumers are just enjoying the positive reviews.
- Shopping portal bonuses, spend $200 earn 500 bonus miles from American,
from United, and from Alaska (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- United can’t offer compensation for non-working wifi because flight attendants need wifi to connect to the system that provides compensation. I didn’t think United offered compensation for non-working wifi, period. If they did it would bankrupt the airline.
- El Al will be permitted to fly through Oman’s airspace this is actually a win for Trump administration foreign policy, whether you agree with the US stance towards Saudi Arabia in particular or not.
- There’s a real saga going on with Avianca
- A day in the life of a United flight attendant