News and notes from around the interweb:
- An oral history of Anthony Bourdain
- New York City imposing $17.22 per hour minimum wage for Uber and Lyft drivers
- Spirit Airlines flight attendant awesomeness
- People in LA are taking Instagram photos inside a ‘private jet’ which is actually just a fake interior inside a store
- Ariana Arghandewal asks whether it’s ok to order seconds in first or business class. Of course it is though with a US airline the crew may be grumpy with you, that’s their issue not yours. They may be out of what you’re asking after. It’s always better to ask early.
In first class they should absolutely accommodate you if they have the item. In business class there may just not be anything that’s kept after service is complete (leftovers may not have been kept).
In domestic first class it’s simply unlikely they’ll have any food left, though you can ask about food for sale from the back and sometimes you’ll be asked to pay though not always.
- Ex-Uber Security Employees Allege ‘Deeply Troubling’ Practices we’re left to wonder what those might be.