News and notes from around the interweb:
- Many started talking politics with his Uber driver. Uber driver pulled a knife.
- Marriott’s poor data breach response is putting victims at risk of phishing.
And should you replace your passport? If you gave your passport at check-in at a Starwood hotel the number may have been in the database (Marriott isn’t saying what record retention for passport numbers is like in that system) and there’s a way that determined hackers might order a replacement in your name with enough effort. Marriott says they’ll cover costs only after actual fraud has taken place which isn’t very helpful at all.
- Increased flight attendant commissions this month for the Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard:
- Etihad Airways is using 3D printing to make cabin interior parts
- Lion Air considers cancelling the remaining 190 Boeing 737 MAX jets it has on order of course they probably never should have ordered so many in the first place.
- Was this, like, an identical twin prank? 2 charged with double dipping at Amtrak, Metro
Two Metro employees have been charged with fraud after an inspector general’s investigation found the men were claiming to work at both Amtrak and Metro at the same time.
Each man claimed to be working at one of the two agencies while he physically showed up to the other.