News and notes from around the interweb:
- Marriott is already being sued over its massive data breach. I realize that lawsuits get information which then support the claims being made in the suit, but it sort of does seem like a suit ought to wait until there’s enough basis on which to state a claim.
- Qantas is looking at devaluing its award chart even further promising lower fuel surcharges and better availability in exchange for higher prices on already-expensive premium cabin long haul flights.
- Lufthansa no longer flies long haul from Dusseldorf without competition from air berlin they can have Eurowings run those flights.
- With Jet Airways of India in shambles and people not getting paid pilots are calling in sick causing cancellation of flights.
The loss-making Jet Airways has been defaulting on the payment of salaries to its senior management, pilots and engineers since August due to a severe cash crunch.
Jet Airways has partially paid the salaries of these staff members for September even as the full salaries of October and November remain unpaid.
- Not sure how flight attendants are going to manage this: Jet Airways is cutting domestic meals for most passengers based on fare class and ticket purchase date.
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- What travel is like for most people. NSFW, there’s a single F-bomb. (HT: Ryan Boyd)