News and notes from around the interweb:
- Former airline executive gets jail time for role in carrier’s collapse
- British Airways premium economy: a single cereal bar for transatlantic breakfast what was that Alex Cruz was claiming about how BA will ‘always be a premium airline’?
- Don’t want your baggage to get lost or damaged? Reader Paul H. passes along this suggestion:
- The Economist: British Airways shot not be allowed to buy Flybe and acquire more slots at London Heathrow.
- After the Japan Airlines pilot was caught preparing to fly before testing 10 times the legal limit for alcohol airline executives are being forced to take a pay cut. In Japan they have to take responsibility for failures within their area of responsibility. I’ve long called for bringing back the idea of shame to the U.S. airline industry.
- Amtrak’s boarding process is dumb, but no one is in charge of fixing it at originating stations like Washington’s Union Station – where the gates inside the terminal can’t handle everyone queuing – passengers aren’t able to wait on the platform, they stampede for the train at the last minute.