News and notes from around the interweb:
- Lion Air 737 MAX was un-airworthy for several flights prior to crash
- Lufthansa sees aviation world consolidating, that it plays in a ‘league of champions’
“There will most likely be three major European network carriers or groups of carriers, plus one or two low cost guys,” he said.
“Our job in Lufthansa … is to make sure the company is fit enough to play in this league of global champions league players in our industry.”
- The airlines most and least likely to lose your bags. American Airlines is the worst mainline performer by far despite having the most draconian policy for interlining bags which they claimed (no one should have believed this) was about ensuring they would reduce lost bags.
- Emirates has an all-female cabin crew rugby team
- easyJet will launch a points earning and redemption program next year
- The Wall Street Journal on Marriott’s continuing IT and customer service struggles integrating loyalty programs.
- 6 classic cocktails that were created at hotels including the martini.
- When I was growing up I was taught to take my trash with me on the way out of the movie theater and toss it in the receptacles on the way out. Airlines make it even easier — flight attendants come to you to pick up your trash. It really isn’t that hard.