News and notes from around the interweb:
- Google will reportedly open Project Fi to iPhone, Samsung, and OnePlus this week. Great for international travel!
- What a AAA hotel inspector looks for
- Washington Dulles airport will get a ‘Sleepbox’ hotel on the A concourse opening pre-Christmas.
- New Hilton members 2000 bonus points with first stay
- Qantas cracking down on domestic carry on baggage allowance enforcing their 7kg limit. They say it’s for safety even though they sell a 10kg allowance on their Jetstar brand.
- Double elite qualifying nights and double points from Radisson when you book a premium room for stays through December 28, 2018 with promo code RRDBLDBL.
- What you buy at the airport reveals where you’re from
For example, travelers from the Northeast are more likely to buy allergy medication than in any other region, while West Coast travelers purchase more eye drops than East Coast travelers.
…When it comes to pre-flight sweets, West Coasters go for gummy bears or sour gummy worms, while East Coasters prefer salty and sweet flavors..Health and wellness magazines are more popular with West Coasters. They also go for tabloids..East Coasters lean towards high-end fashion and beauty magazines..
- United Technologies is splitting into 3 companies which is interesting because it was created in the first place when its parent was split into 3 companies. The other two were Boeing and United Airlines.