News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bank of America ATM accidentally started spitting out $100 bills. Customers will be able to keep the money. Speaking of Bank of American I really do wish they had introduced ‘existential rewards’.
Copyright: wolterk / 123RF Stock Photo
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn that was being used as a homeless shelter has been sold.
- Marriott workers in Hawaii are finally done striking so those Marriott hotels should be done sticking it to their guests.
- Las Vegas hotel buffet Thanksgiving leftovers go to a pig farm. Fitting.
- Self-driving hotel rooms are coming. Isn’t that just an RV?
- How to check a hotel for bed bugs
- In a boon to existing New York City hotels, the City Council is considering making it harder to build new hotels. That would prevent new competition and protect occupancy and rates of current projects.
- DC wine bar loses its federal lawsuit against the Trump hotel claiming having the President stumping for your competitor is illegal unfair competition. In my view the best thing about the polarizing nature of the Trump hotel is that it means you can get reservations at DC’s Sushi Nakazawa.