News and notes from around the interweb:
- Don’t take advantage of the LifeMiles 140% bonus on purchasing miles: because there’s a 145% bonus available
- Stop being so awful on planes
- United Airlines’ new slogan? ‘Because every pilgrimage should include a test of faith’
- TSA reveals more than 200 cases of air marshals misusing their firearms. (HT: @taliesinSF) It’s time to end this dumpster fire of a program.
- Unaccompanied 11 year old went through TSA in Atlanta without a boarding pass so tell me again that the reason we haven’t had terrorist attacks is because of our really effective government security measures?
- Go Ahead and Pack Your Weed This Thanksgiving—the TSA Probably Won’t Find It (even if TSA is supposed to stand for Taking Stinkweed Away).
- I’ve been flying American Airlines less this year, and haven’t yet requalified for Executive Platinum status. However I’ll reach that after my next two trips which are already ticketed. American finally sent me an offer in case I want to buy back my status. Cough.