I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- United pilots union breaks from counterparts at American, Southwest to defend Boeing and the 737 MAX
- Chase Offers are very similar to Amex offers. There are targeted rebates for your spend with specific merchants, and you have to ‘add them’ to your account in order to qualify. That way they don’t hand out money through happenstance to people who didn’t even know there was an offer.
With Chase you can only see the offers logging in through their mobile app. And offers may vary for your different Chase accounts. I didn’t get this one on my World of Hyatt Credit Card so I’m sure jealous:
— M Private (@Z6CG4dF8idG9EL) November 17, 2018
- United will hold 33 events in Chicago with flight attendants as part of an effort to improve customer service at the same time they’re reducing flight attendant staffing in business class, so which is it United?
- Troubled Chinese conglomerate HNA Group, which parlayed Hainan Airlines into a global travel empire from airlines to hotel chains to catering, sold $43 billion in assets during 2018 yet is still handing out travel vouchers in lieu of interest payments.
- Odd scheme: Using stolen credit card numbers to book hotel rooms, then re-selling those rooms for cash perhaps aided by mobile check-in and keyless entry?
- Your American Airlines pilot wants you to know: blame management, not the crew.
— Chris Manno ✈️ (@Chris_Manno) November 15, 2018
- Think You Have A Bad United Airlines Story? I Think I Can Top It (HT: Hans Mast)