News and notes from around the interweb:
- There reports that someone was shooting at aircraft at the Austin airport. Police searched for two hours, found no one and no guns. To show how rumors spread, people then started to believe there was an escaped inmate on the loose who must have been doing it. Even though there was no escaped inmate.
- Etihad and Gulf Air have signed an MOU for greater cooperation. Perhaps a deal there could eventually make sense. Ironically Etihad was launched after Gulf Air abandoned its Abu Dhabi hub. Both carriers have talked up getting closer to Star Alliance.
- Nordstrom’s takes $72 million overcharging interest to store credit card customers
- Singapore Airlines struggling to sell premium economy on its ultra-long haul US non-stop flights.
Singapore Airlines Premium Economy
- How the Boeing 737 MAX automatic trim can fool pilots
- The Trump administration is creating an in-flight sexual harassment task force. And no, their charge isn’t to create a how to manual.