nNews and notes from around the interweb:
- Via InsideFlyer.nl Air France KLM Flying Blue has a 3 Day Promo Awards flash sale book by November 16 and travel in January through March. 20 extra destinations are on sale, including coach to Europe for 14,000 miles and business class from 35,000 each way.
- Lyft is launching a loyalty program next month which makes good sense as we should soon see a Lyft credit card coming out, too, and this will give them something to tie in better than the Uber credit card which doesn’t really offer any Uber benefits.
- Parody of cheap airfare deal sites
- Cathay Pacific’s IT systems were under attack for 3 months didn’t tell anyone for 6 months.
- Burundi’s government won’t allow a previously-approved flight to Nairobi to operate because the airline lacks a business class. Apparently that’s unbefitting government officials who might fly the carrier. Sort of reminds me of the Governor of American Samoa demanding Hawaiian Airlines cease service (their only connection to the rest of the US!) because the carrier wouldn’t offer tablets to passengers for inflight entertainment.
- DC Area Travel Meetup December 10
- I have a hard enough time calling Washington’s National Airport ‘Reagan’ and not primarily for political reasons, I don’t think I will ever call nearby Crystal City “National Landing” or “Reagan Landing.”
Amazon is rebranding Crystal City as "National Landing" and got the Commonwealth of Virginia to renovate two Metro stations there plus build a pedestrian bridge linking the Amazon campus to Reagan Airport.
But just wait til Amazonians discover Gate 35X! https://t.co/7d0EWyfvbR
— Philip Rucker (@PhilipRucker) November 13, 2018