I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Couple paid off $100,000 of their mortgage with a credit card to earn points they used bill payment service Plastiq and a Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®. Apparently they got their Plastiq fees waived with referrals, otherwise fees would have been greater than the ~ $2100 travel rewards they earned.
I much prefer the also-included story of putting a $60,000 Tesla on a Chase Ink Business Preferred card.
- Etihad won’t honor a $2700 first class mistake fare
- Delta looks to improve Northeast corridor operational performance by 10% but will be happy with five…
- Why is it that tipping advice articles tell you that you should be tipping more? My simple rules for tipping would disagree.
- Southwest is testing boarding and deplaning from both the forward and rear aircraft doors at the same time. They were testing use of both doors last year too.
Perhaps more interestingly during their startup phase, when they returned one of their 737s due to cashflow issues but still worked to keep their full schedule they introduced the ’10 minute turn’ by deplaning out of one door while they boarded from the other at the same time.
- Choice hotels 1000 bonus points per stay
- Las Vegas air traffic controller became incapacitated while on duty
- United flight attendants are suing Boeing because they say malfunctioning smoke detectors busted their ear drums