News and notes from around the interweb:
- Inside the way airlines figure out how to stock their galleys
- 30% bonus on transfers from hotel programs to Aeroplan
- UK considers banning drinking in airports this is pushed by low cost carriers that say it’s about passenger behavior but don’t want competition selling booze on onboard. (Ryanair’s flight attendants even have inflight sales quotas..)
- Saudi torture Ritz named Middle East Hotel of the Year Ummm… (HT: One Mile at a Time)
— Ryan Grim (@ryangrim) November 6, 2017
- National airport won’t have metro (subway) for Veterans weekend
- No, the DELAY isn’t what deserves to be in all caps, and it’s not like the airline caused this so why do they owe compensation? Come on people, perspective. (Southwest WN864 from Fort Lauderdale to Newark)
My recap home… guy tried departing the plane, guy attacks Stewardess, guy gets zip-tied, swarmed by police and arrested… OH MY PLANE WAS DELAYED. @SouthwestAir really want some sort of compensation for this bull shit.
— Ivy Trash (@drychickenthigh) November 6, 2018
- Air New Zealand’s new safety video is a take on Run DMC.