GHA Discovery is the loyalty program for Omni hotels, Rydges, Alila (part of Two Roads Hospitality, which is being acquired by Hyatt), Kempinski, Anantara, Pan Pacific and more — 33 brands in total.
Discovery is an experiences program, not an earn and burn program. It’s all about status and recognition.
Right now their top tier of elite status — Black — is available free on a trial basis. GHA Black status gets:
- Two category room upgrade (subject to availability)
- 9 a.m. early check-in (subject to availability)
- 6 p.m. late check-out (subject to availability)
- Free bottled water, free internet
- Most importantly — local experiences
You earn a local experience award upon achieving Platinum status and Black status, and staying for the first time at a new participating brand. These are things like private golf lessons from a PGA pro, meals, cooking classes, even a helicopter flight.
GHA Discovery is offering Black status complimentary to World Elite Mastercard cardmembers. (HT: Milelion)
The GHA website and its offer terms do not mention any restrictions on eligibility other than having a World Elite Mastercard. The offer is detailed though on the Middle East and Asia Pacific Mastercard page so this may be geographically limited.
I currently have GHA Black status under a trial offer, but haven’t yet had occasion to use it, and also as a result cannot test to see if my account upgrades upon request.
Signup requires calling Mastercard. I rang up and got bounced around between Mastercard benefits, Citi Concierge, and Citi benefits. As an apology before being transferred to World Elite Mastercard credit card travel and benefits (1-800-627-8372) who sent me to I was given 5000 American AAdvantage miles. As I say though I already have Black status so can’t fully test the offer for U.S. residents versus those in Asia or Mideast. Please share your own experiences if you try.
GHA Hotels status under this offer lasts through December 31, 2019. You don’t receive the local experience award for earning Black status, but people who have taken advantage of similar offers in the past have told me it still offers local experiences for each new brand you stay at — which is any brand if you’re a new member.
Terms and Conditions:
- Offer is valid till 31 December 2019.
- Black Membership Status will be valid from time of successful enrolment or upgrade until 31 December of the following year. …
- Cardholders are not eligible for Local Experiences unless they meet the required Qualifying Nights or the other eligibility criteria.
- Earning of Qualifying Nights for the first membership year will be based on a 12-month period starting from the date of registration. In the event you do not meet the required Qualifying Nights to maintain the Black Status, a second qualification period will run from 1 January of the year following the registration until 31 December of that year. Thereafter, earning of Qualifying Nights to maintain the Black Status will be based on calendar years.
- The standard DISCOVERY Program Terms and Conditions apply.
- For more details please visit https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/Discovery-Member-News/2018-09/You-re-Invited-To-Black-Status-with-DISCOVERY.
- The products and services offered under this Promotion are provided solely by GHA, under such terms and conditions as determined by GHA, and Mastercard accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with such products and services.