News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hilton doesn’t want you to call their newest brand a hostel
- Woman gives birth on board an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta. They diverted to Mumbai.
- Counterintuitive: flying extra long routings can save an airline money when going out of the way catches a good wind (HT: Tommy L.)
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo
- After Marriott’s striking workers came out against the Yankees for staying at a hotel where there’s a job action (bear in mind that Marriott isn’t letting guests back out of reservations despite failing to deliver promised services), now they’re attacking the Dodgers and rather bizarrely claiming staying with Marriott is an affront to Jackie Robinson. (HT: Tommy L.)
- How Alaska Airlines basic economy tickets – that go on sale next month – will work no upgrades, no seat assignments until check-in.
- “Decade-old tunnel sees daylight as interior of Salt Lake airport rebuild takes shape” (HT: Mark F)
- Cathay Pacific closing its Hong Kong arrivals lounge November 5
- Oldest known intact shipwreck found in the Black Sea