News and notes from around the interweb:
- Alaska Airlines is raising checked bag fees, too. With the airline’s financial performance lagging after their merger with Virgin America (Alaska massively overpaid…) they have little choice but to follow the herd rather than carve out a different path.
- Transatlantic low cost carrier Wow Air wants you to think that the routes they are dropping actually made money but they have so many great opportunities those routes weren’t making enough money so they want to add flights elsewhere instead. Oh, and it’s 5 routes they’re killing not three. Why do I not take their CEO seriously?
Mutzabaugh: Is it safe to assume the three routes were money-losers?
Mogensen: They were not performing as well as many other cities where we think we can add capacity as a result of this and do even better.
Mutzabaugh: So you are saying it’s possible they made money, but you thought you could do better somewhere else?
- How many air travel blacklists does the US have?
- American American Senior Vice President of Network Strategy on why the airline dropped its regional contracts with ExpressJet and Trans States.
- TSA screener buys a shirt for young boy at LaGuardia airport
Young boy who came to @LGAairport today on his way to Denver with his dad did not have a shirt under his coat so @TSA officers bought him a NYPD shirt at the airport for the trip to help keep the youngster warm. #LittleActsOfKindness pic.twitter.com/W4KZGCkggl
— TSAmedia_LisaF (@TSAmedia_LisaF) October 17, 2018
- Video tour of the re-opened Club at DFW on the D concourse.