News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to find hidden cameras in your Airbnb
- Starting January 1 Virgin Australia’s Velocity program will start adding fuel surcharges to award tickets on their own flights and Delta flights between Sydney and Los Angeles (the latter of which is barely relevant due to lack of availability anyway). Surcharges are already added to Etihad redemptions.
- Air Canada Employees Feared Reprisal for Reporting Safety Concerns
Copyright: ronniechua / 123RF Stock Photo
- Uber could go public with a valuation as high as $120 billion (Wall Street Journal)
- Qantas and Virgin Australia 737s experienced ‘loss of separation’ near Brisbane airport I do love aviation euphemisms. Air traffic control is blamed.
Waiting to Board a Virgin Australia 737 in Brisbane
- DC’s Metro wants to win back riders with everything but reliable service, “photo booths, DVD rental boxes, “games”, package delivery lockers, and electronic charging stations” will at least make its stations more instagrammable during incessant delays and waits between trains during ‘off peak’ hours.
- 2000 bonus points per night for stays at US Marriott Courtyard hotels