News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta and Airbus working to predict maintenance failures before they occur
- The TSA says it’s not sexual assault when the government does it but shouldn’t we believe women?
- TSA wants to require mug shots even for domestic travel
- American at LAX:
American Airlines is expected to release details on Wednesday of a planned $1.6 billion upgrade to its LAX terminal over the next 10 years. Rival Delta Air Lines is spending $1.9 billion to upgrade its own facilities at the increasingly crowded and busy airport.
- Chef Geoff’s on the C concourse at Washington Dulles is now a Priority Pass restaurant. There are several lounges in the program at Dulles, albeit on other concourses, free food for United customers!. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- The Lufthansa business class lounge in the Detroit airport is now Priority Pass too though of course all Star Alliance Golds (including United Gold elite and higher) get Lufthansa lounge access when flying United domestically already, and that’s Senator lounge access no less.
- Here’s a low pass as Azores Airlines says goodbye to operating the Airbus A310. Not many airlines still flying commercial variants of the plane, I’m only aware of Air Transat and Mahan Air left although readers may be aware of others.