News and notes from around the interweb:
- One of Sacramento’s seediest hotels, where the Unabomber used to live, is being converted into a Hyatt Centric (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- Why Hooters Air failed It might have had something to do with hubbing in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. And they were paying both flight attendants and Hooters Girls to fly.
- Project wants your hotel room photos to fight sex trafficking, building a database of hotel room photos they can match those to rooms that appear in ads for women being trafficked. (HT: Michelle L.)
- oneworld member SriLankan may get partially privatized with the process starting in the next few months.
- Qantas tickets purchased through Tuesday local time can earn double elite status credits.
- CEO of Aer Lingus stepping down, to be replaced by British Airways executive
- Alaska Airlines management layoffs costs are up, revenue down as they struggle to integrate Virgin America (which they overpaid for).