News and notes from around the interweb:
- Former Obama administration Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx will head public policy at Lyft. He’ll be Chief Policy Officer in their lobby shop.
- I’ve just argued that the shared arm rest belongs to the passenger in the middle seat but there’s another solution, an airplane arm rest splitter, in the same ‘do-it-yourself passenger comfort’ genre as the spAIRtray.
- New JetBlue routes though it’s jarring to see JetBlue leave Washington Dulles entirely, though they no longer offered transcons from there anyway.
- Will Warsaw get a new mega airport?
- Colorado-based pilot loses medical certification after accidentally consuming marijuana edible
- With ex-Delta CEO Richard Anderson at the helm of Amtrak they’re making some changes. For instance gutting meal service for first class on long haul trains (a service they probably shouldn’t be running in the first place). That could generate savings by eliminating 1700 jobs, and the union is protesting. By the way through Friday Amtrak is running a 30% off sale.
- A beach in the Bahamas where pigs swim