News and notes from around the interweb:
- Man tried to smuggle $115,000 in cocaine through New York JFK using bottles of Baileys. Doesn’t he know that stuff is supposed to go over the inflight ice cream sundaes?
- New Zealand will fine people who refuse to give over their digital passwords upon entering the country. Of course that won’t much help stop criminals who would just pay the fine (or move data into the cloud in the first place).
- Hawaiian Airlines’ step-by-step guide for launching a new route (HT: Cranky Flier)
- Alitalia is a basket case. No one wants to buy it lock, stock and barrel. Things could get worse over the winter. Now their employees are considering striking because they haven’t gotten enough assurances.
Copyright: jvdwolf / 123RF Stock Photo
- United Airlines ends excess baggage fees for surfboards on flights headed to or from California though non-status economy passengers still have to pay to check them.
- Some people are mad at the New York Yankees for staying at a Marriott hotel in Boston days after workers there went on strike.