News and notes from around the interweb:
- Virgin Atlantic now serves Aviation Gin of course that’s not quite as cool as having their own gin.
- American Airlines integrates legacy American and legacy US Airways flight attendants today though the merger isn’t yet complete because maintenance is still separate. This change though will allow mixing of crews and more staff flying on routes operated by each formerly independent airline.
- 50 Years of Boeing 747s
Ed Force One
- Malaysia Airlines backing out of Boeing 787 and 737 order and will consider new aircraft to replace 15 A330-300s that are starting “to age and come off leasing agreement by 2023.” Malaysia’s former Prime Minister “had told United States President Donald Trump that Malaysia Airlines would purchase from Seattle-based Boeing 25 B737 jets and additional eight 787 Dreamliners.”
- Paine Field in Everett, Washington clears a hurdle that could open the airport for 24 flights by Alaska, Southwest, and United by late next year.
- West Palm Beach Airport is getting a new lounge, pay-in and accessible by Priority Pass, on Concourse B. It’s projected to open in February which seems aggressive to me. (HT: Allan H.)
- United MileagePlus shopping portal bonus: 500 bonus miles for $150 spend or 1500 bonus miles for $350 spend through October 15. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Alaska Airlines shopping portal bonus of 500 miles for first time users only. Join by October 22 and complete $150 spend through the portal within a week of joining. (HT: Deals We Like)