News and notes from around the interweb:
- How to save money by renting Disney Vacation Club points
- Another reason for airlines to install seat power in a hurry: A drunk IndiGo passenger tried to enter the cockpit to charge his cell phone
- When logged into my American Express account I see a 30% bonus on transfers from Membership Rewards to Hilton. (HT: Miles to Memories) This is still a bad deal. Hilton points are worth 4/10ths of a cent so with this bonus you’re getting just 1 cent apiece for your Amex points.
Of course you may do better with some individual redemptions, though even there it’s often better just to buy Hilton points when they’re selling at a discount than transfer them from Amex.
- Air France introducing new economy and premium economy products
- Leading Hotels of the World revamps its paid Leaders Club
- New Jersey threatened to tax fuel purchased only by United and United made the implausible threat to kill its United hub. Now New Jersey says they’ll just tax everyone.
- Inside the 9 gate terminal addition at Austin’s airport including where the Delta SkyClub will be.
- American’s 22 new Boeing 787-8s on order will receive a new entertainment system. At this point it’s only the new -8s, the -9s on order come later, and there’s no current plan to retrofit existing systems to this one.