News and notes from around the interweb:
- Will 5 medium-sized European airlines go bankrupt next year?
- Hilton’s plan for all-inclusives. Some will be looking forward to greater opportunities to use their Honors points for unlimited rail drinks.
- When the government banned passengers from carrying laptops on flights between certain destinations and the U.S. it was dangerous, because lithium ion batteries can catch fire and that’s manageable when it’s in the passenger cabin but deadly when it happens in the cargo hold.
Lithium ion batteries have been around for decades but new x-ray studies are uncovering a hidden property in how these batteries work that can account for failure.
- Air France KLM’s Flying Blue program is able to book Air France codeshares on Air Tahiti Nui for award travel
- As Sun Country moves towards a more Allegiant-style model they’re increasingly unmoored from Minneapolis. I wouldn’t have expected this flight, though, Portland-San Francisco.
- This video of a Dragonair Boeing 737 caught in a typhoon isn’t real.