News and notes from around the interweb:
- 4000 bonus Aeroplan miles for Air Canada premium economy or business fares register and book by October 3 and travel by December 14.
- American Airlines rolled out new morning and evening food for domestic first class ‘snack’ flights. (HT: The Forward Cabin)
- Albania is about to get a new airline
- Not what you want to see when you’re about to take off. Delta says their decision to abort was made “out of an abundance of caution” which isn’t exactly what I would call it.
Confirmed engine fire and shut down. DL1658 pic.twitter.com/xn5tozFsjO
— Jeff Holloway (@JeffHoll88) September 17, 2018
- British Airways is expanding tarmac transfers for premium passengers on tight connections at London Heathrow terminal 5 and supposedly flight attendants will inform passengers in advance on delayed flights to provide greater peace of mind.
- Qantas eliminated music from inflight entertainment on Boeing 737, Boeing 717 and Airbus A330 aircraft
- United explains the end of boarding pens, and how their new boarding process works. Which is basically how it worked half a dozen years ago…