News and notes from around the interweb:
- This is what happens now that Hilton no longer has an award chart they promised hotels would only go down in price or adhere to the old chart as maximums, but you didn’t actually believe that did you? It’s fair to raise points prices but a loyalty program requires you to give your business up front on the promise of rewards later. It’s only fair to give advance notice of changes to members who are doing everything asked of them.
Hilton New York JFK
- Kelly Kapowski has packing tips.
- Why the owners of Sun Country Airlines sold out to private equity
- Snowden document: The NSA compromised the networks “used by airline reservation systems Iran Air, “Paraguayan SABRE,” Russian airline Aeroflot, and “Russian Galileo.”
- Musician Ronan Keating is no fan of British Airways:
Well @British_Airways that was quite a day. Bump my son off a flight with a biz class ticket because you overbooked his flight, then lose his luggage & ask us to pay for collection otherwise it will take 2 days for delivery?! Disgusting. You call yourself a world class airline🤔
— Ronan Keating (@ronanofficial) September 16, 2018
- This New York Chase bank branch was robbed again last week.
The branch was [also] robbed in September 2016, July 2014 and December 2010. There were also attempts made in June 2018 and February 2012.