Multiple readers reached out to me about delayed transfers of Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer. They made transfers and those points did not post. This seems to be for transfers originating around September 4 onward.
- Transfers from Chase to Singapore aren’t instant, they normally take 12-24 hours in my experience
- The Ultimate Rewards site says normally two days but potentially up to 7 business days — but if it takes longer than 24 hours something is probably wrong.
Here’s what Chase has been telling customers, the same thing you’ll find on the website:
Hello. Thanks for reaching out. Typically, points are transferred to Singapore Airlines Krisflyer accounts within two business days. In some instance, it may take up to 7 business days. Let us know if you need additional support. ^BE
— Chase Support (@ChaseSupport) September 13, 2018
I reached out to Chase and they let me know that indeed there is an issue and that they “are working on fixing this and it should be remedied this week. Any outstanding transfers will be posted to Singapore shortly after.”
Singapore Airlines is a great transfer partner.
- You can move points from all of American Express, Chase, and Citibank to Singapore.
- They have much better availability for Singapore Airlines flights when using their own miles than when trying to redeem with partner miles.
- They have an improved online booking experience that even includes Star Alliance airlines.
- Their domestic and Hawaii awards on United are well-priced.
- They do not add fuel surcharges to Singapore Airlines flights.
Downsides are fuel surcharges on many partners awards, and that miles expire after 3 years (not 3 years of inactivity).
It’ll be great to have transfers working properly — hopefully very soon — and in the I’ve had pretty good luck using Singapore’s call center to put space on hold. This won’t help for immediate travel of course.