News and notes from around the interweb:
- Four bedroom villa at Disney Magic Village for just 15,000 points
- Hotel occupancy on pace for a record year another reason why the new Marriott Rewards program is the best any of us could possibly have expected (no matter what you think about it). This is also – more directly – why we aren’t seeing more lucrative hotel promotions.
Guests Wait to Check In at the Charleston Place Hotel in South Carolina
- Progress privatizing the St. Louis airport
- Air Mandalay becomes the fourth Myanmar airline to shut down facing high fuel prices and a domestic market that was unable to support 10 airlines and “joins Air Bagan, Apex airline and FMI Air to have wound down” though they say they’ll restructure.
- Delta facing up to its big mistake in buying an oil refinery it was a rough move even with the huge subsidies they received.
- So this was a funny storage, much coverage of a United pilot on a transatlantic Boeing 757 (which doesn’t have crew rest bunks) sleeping in a business class seat (which is what they’re supposed to do) getting comfortable out of his uniform.
https://t.co/NLN3Rqgxif LOL! We have 3-4 pilots on international flights and they all take their required crew rest–sometimes in first class seats because not all planes have bunk rooms. So funny when people think they're in danger
— bets (@jet_set_bets) September 9, 2018
- Jet Airways aligning frequent flyer benefits with Air France KLM. Jet is run by a former Delta executive and building a closer partnership with Delta as well, though Jet Airways is not a member of SkyTeam.
Copyright: boarding1now / 123RF Stock Photo