News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why low cost airlines are flocking to Vienna years ago they used to relegate themselves to Bratislava, 30 miles away in Slovakia.
- Star Alliance member Air New Zealand elite status match trial offer for Australia/New Zealand residents
- Washington Dulles launches facial recognition boarding which is being used by Scandinavian, Air France KLM, and some United international flights. It is ostensibly “aimed at reducing boarding times for some international travelers” but that’s like saying the business model for 23 and me is to help people understand their genetic makeup $99 at a time.
- Bill banning non-members from TSA PreCheck lines passes House. If the Brussels and Istanbul airport bombings taught us nothing else, we want to get people through the checkpoint more quickly not less.
- British Airways data breach a test case for GDPR?
- 5000 – 8000 bonus Choice Hotels points after 2 stays
- I know the inflight execution won’t actually match, but these United Airlines Buy On Board breakfast items do look and sound good…