News and notes from around the interweb:
- Forty years ago Venezuelans could depart Caracas on the Concorde. Now all that’s left is American Airlines. Yet somehow Nicolás Maduro claims it’s all an American conspiracy.
- 750 bonus miles for your next Air Canada coach ticket Registration required. Book by October 3 for travel through December 14.
Copyright: ronniechua / 123RF Stock Photo
- Delta looking to sell a piece of its subsidized oil refinery
- Photos: Boeing reveals first assembled 777X
- Virgin Australia’s challenges as it searches for a new CEO. The board chair says she wants someone who will continue existing strategy. They make money on domestic, not so much international, and face myriad competing interests from other airlines which hold a stake in the carrier. Etihad says they remain committed despite slimming down elsewhere.
- The 20 books people most often leave in hotel rooms
- Boeing says unfinished 737s have peaked at 50 and that number should come down slowly