News and notes from around the interweb:
- How the A320 overtook the 737
- United will invest $200 million in its Hawaii operation.
They seem to suggest they’ll offer Westbound redeye flights (depart the mainland late night, arrive in Hawaii early morning) lets you work all day and not blow a day traveling, and also not arrive so late you’re paying for hotel you don’t really use.. but good luck checking in at 8 a.m.
- Podcast interview with the General Manager of the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek “who also shares some crazy stories about the extravagant requests the rich and famous have made.” That and upgrades, natch.
- Cathay Pacific is now flying planes with first class to Sydney but not selling first class, top tier elites in business class may get access to these seats.
- Washington state residents get 1 bonus Delta mile for each Seattle Seahawks passing yard and Priority Board on Delta departures out of Seattle during football season. Registration required and if you registered last year you have to register again. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
I think Delta’s a little tone deaf here, the Seahawks are the only NFL franchise in the Pacific Northwest so a whole of of geography is left out here. And there’s a downside to all of this: to take advantage of the offer you need to (1) live in Washington state and (2) recognize your team lost Superbowl 49 to the Patriot.